The U-boat Front Clasp (German: U-Boot-Frontspange) or U-boat Combat Clasp,was a World War II German Kriegsmarine military decoration awarded to holders of the U-boat War Badge to recognize continued combat service and valor.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The award was instituted on 15 May 1944 to bring the U-boat force in line with other branches of the German armed forces, all of which had a similar medal to recognize valor. There were no specified merits for earning the award; decoration was based on the recommendations of the U-boat commander and subject to approval by Karl Dönitz. Awards were often due to the number of patrols completed or demonstrations of valor in combat.
The clasp was worn directly above the ribbon bar on the left breast.